If you've played Disney Dreamlight Valley, you'll have seen the sneaky appearance of a tiny plastic space ranger that may have perplexed you. After all, Buzz, Woody, and pals aren't actually in the game yet — but they appear on the title splash screen and in the opening cinematic! Surely the Toy Story gang can't be that far off?
When is the Toy Story update in Disney Dreamlight Valley?
Andy's toys (or Bonnie's, depending on when you grew up) will be appearing in Disney Dreamlight Valley from 6th December, 2022.
The exact time of the update release is 9am ET. Here's what that means in other time zones:
- PST: 06:00 Tuesday December 6th
- GMT: 14:00 Tuesday December 6th
- CET: 15:00 Tuesday December 6th
- JST: 23:00 Tuesday December 6th
- AEST: 00:00 Wednesday December 7th
Make sure to save your game to the cloud before updating! There are instructions here on how to get that done:
What is in the Toy Story update in Disney Dreamlight Valley?
From Gameloft's updates so far, here's what we know will be included:
- A Toy Story realm set in Bonnie's room from Toy Story 3
- New characters, including Buzz and Woody
- New clothing themed around Toy Story
- "More surprises" — which could include new dishes, new quests, new furniture, and new music
- New recipes, including seasonal, festive ones
- A new "festive" Star Path
We also know that there will be extra content in the form of "Missions in Uncharted Space", although that's less clear. It looks like it'll involve a lot of snow, Christmas-related things, and potentially Stitch from Lilo and Stitch. Click here to read us speculating about what the Christmas stuff would be!
From the patch notes released on December 5th, we also know that we'll be getting a lot of bug fixes and changes to improve stabilisation and performance. You can read the full patch notes here, but here are the highlights (in our opinion):
- Optimised game stability on Nintendo Switch
- Functional fireplaces
- The ability to buy iron ingots
- Feed critters multiple times per day
- Actually looking at the camera in selfie mode
How do I get to the Toy Story realm in Disney Dreamlight Valley?
You'll be able to access the Toy Story realm from the castle in the north of Dreamlight Valley, where each realm has its own door. Some realms require Dreamlight to access, and this is likely to be the case for Toy Story's realm, too.
The Dreamlight Valley team at Gameloft described this update to True Achievements as "considerably bigger than Scar’s Kingdom", which added a new area to the Valley called Sunlit Plateau.
What is the next update after Toy Story for Disney Dreamlight Valley?
We don't know yet! The next free updates are not due until 2023, so we won't find out more until at least December, when we might get a preview of what's coming up.
It's possible to speculate based on what we've seen so far, which is a mix of older and newer franchises, as well as side characters and villains like Ursula, Scar, Maui, and Kristoff. We've also seen some characters like Belle in official art, so we can definitely say they'll be coming to the game. Here are our educated guesses on what could be next:
- Beauty and the Beast
- Belle is in the title screen
- Lilo and Stitch
- Stitch is in the title screen
- Stitch is in the title screen
- The raccoons in the Forest of Valor look a lot like Meeko
- More Tangled
- Mother Gothel is already in the game
- There are a lot of celestial motifs in the furniture, which match the theming of Tangled
- More Lion King
- Simba, Timon, and Pumbaa feature in a trailer
- We've already seen some Incredibles clothing from the Pixar Star Fest
But honestly, it's anyone's guess at this point. Personally, we'd love to see some Hunchback of Notre Dame, if only so we can visit a realm that's basically 15th century France.
If you want to see our full list of predictions for what's next, we've got that too!
Hopefully, we've managed to answer some of the burning questions you have about the Toy Story update for Disney Dreamlight Valley. Let us know if you have further questions in the comments below!